We treat swallowing disorders, tonsils and adenoids as well as head and neck cancer.
As a specialist in otolaryngology/head and neck surgery, Dr. Price can diagnose and treat disorders of the ears, nose, throat and related structures of the head and neck.
Symptoms of swallowing disorders may include:
- A feeling that food or liquid is sticking in the throat
- Discomfort in the throat or chest (when gastroesophageal reflux is present)
- A sensation of a foreign body or “lump” in the throat
- Weight loss and inadequate nutrition due to prolonged or more significant problems with swallowing
- Coughing or choking caused by bits of food, liquid or saliva not passing easily during swallowing and being sucked into the lungs
Tonsils and Adenoids
Tonsils are the two masses on the back of the throat. Adenoids are high in the throat behind the nose and the roof of the mouth (soft palate) and are not visible through the mouth without special instruments. Tonsils and adenoids are near the entrance to the breathing passages where they can catch incoming germs, which cause infections.
Tonsillitis is an infection in one or both tonsils. One sign is swelling of the tonsils. Other signs or symptoms are:
- Redder than normal tonsils
- A white or yellow coating on the tonsils
- A slight voice change due to swelling
- Sore throat
- Uncomfortable or painful swallowing
- Swollen lymph nodes (glands) in the neck
- Bad breath
Head and Neck Cancer
Symptoms of head and neck cancer include:
- A lump in the neck
- Change in the voice lasting more than two weeks
- A growth in the mouth that doesn’t go away
- Bringing up blood in your saliva or phlegm for more than a few days
- Swallowing problems
- Changes in the skin such as a small, pale patch that enlarges slowly, producing a central “dimple” and eventually an ulcer; a sore on the lip, lower face or ear that does not heal; or a black or blue-black spot on the face or neck, particularly if it changes size or shape
- Persistent earache when you swallow
We’re Easy To Find!
David W. Price, M.D. P.A.
Ear, Nose, Throat
2210 San Jacinto Blvd, Ste. #3
Denton, Texas 76205-7531
940.566.6747 – phone
940.565.9162 – fax
What To Do…
If you experience any of the symptoms listed on this page, make an appointment with Dr. Price to get an exact diagnosis of the cause.
He, along with his staff, can examine your ears, nose and throat and order any necessary tests to determine the best course of treatment.
We Appreciate All the Kind Words from Our Patients
“Dr. Price always makes time for his patients. I went from having chronic sinusitis (10-12 sinus infections per year) to having 1-2 per year by having my blood drawn and getting allergy shots from him. He is very thorough and he gave me additional mono tests before he took my tonsils out… which was a blessing because it turned out I did have mono, which would have made it much more difficult for my body to fight off infection. He postponed the surgery and may have saved me from serious illness. I could not ask for more in a physician.”
– Casey B.